- Reaction as I open the door to greet addled four-year old who lives down the street: "Eeek. Eeeek. Eeeek." Parent: "Um, sorry she's, ah, shy?"
- Parent to kid: "What do you say?" Kid, looking into bag: <happy sigh>. Parent: "Non, on dit merci". Kid trundling away : <happy sigh>.
- Door opening guy to kid: "Are you too old for stickers?" Sugar-hyped tweenie: "Stickers!!! Gnarly!!!!!"
- Smaller than usual Napoleon: "Hey did you give out hockey cards last year too?" "Yup" "They're great."
- Tweenie at the door holding out loot bag as she talks on her cell phone: "Oh. I guess this is rude."
Popular costumes: bugs. unicorns, princesses, pirates, and grim reapers. Worst costume: hoody and jeans set off with a pillowcase.